Visit Boehm’s Candies!
We invite you to come to our beautiful chalet in Issaquah to see where chocolate bliss is created! We offer both self-guided and guided tours as well as a Boehm’s DVD available for purchase.
Boehm’s Candies DVD
Unable to visit Boehm’s? We now have a short DVD featuring the legacy of Julius Boehm and the art of handmade confections created at Boehm’s Candies. Makes a great gift or a special way to remember your visit with us! Click here to order the DVD.
Self Guided Window Tours
Free, self guided window tours are available anytime during business hours. During production hours, windows along the side of our factory allow you to have a glimpse at the day’s happenings. Watch (and smell!) as our candy maker sets out a fresh batch of peanut brittle, admire the handiwork of our dippers as they roll and dip tasty truffles, and admire the many molded chocolate pieces in our molding and packaging department. Information posted at every window describes each area’s purpose, as well as gives some of the history of Boehm’s. Three large monitors have been added throughout the window tour to help enhance your experience.
Step into our retail shop afterwards for a free sample and a chance to purchase the delicious confections you saw in our factory!
The ideal time for a window tour is while our candy makers are in production – Monday through Friday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (some areas may be on a lunch break between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. During holidays, special events, or other unusual circumstances production may be limited or not available for viewing).
Guided Tours (By confirmed reservation only)
On our guided tour, you will be escorted through our chocolate factory where you will see the art of handmade chocolate making (and enjoy tasty samples!), the authentic chalet where our founder lived, as well as the beautiful High Alpine Chapel -if not being occupied by a wedding or event.
Our 2018 Tour Season has ended.
Off Season – September 8, 2018 – June 24, 2019
Tours may be available for groups of 10 or more. $7 per person, children 1 yr old and under are free*. Please note that there is a $70 minimum for a group tour during our off season, regardless of the age of participants. No tours available in December. Please inquire below or contact our Tour Department at (425) 392-6652.
2019 Tour Season – June 25 – September 5, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: No production or candy making will be viewable on weekends or holidays. Additionally, if there is a scheduled wedding or function in the High Alpine Chapel, it will be unavailable for viewing.
- The cost of the tour is $7 per person. Children age 1 and under are free.
- Children’s groups require one adult for every five children.
- During our off season months (mid-September – mid-June), if your group shows up with less than ten paying people, there will be a $70 minimum charge.
- Multiple tour reservations may be combined to one tour group. Private tours must be prearranged at reservation, and additional charges may apply.
- Tours last approximately 35-40 minutes. It is best to plan for a 1 hour stay if you would also like to visit the retail store or stroll the grounds.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled tour time and send someone into our retail storefront to check-in and pay. If you are more than 5 minutes late, it is likely that we will be unable to give the tour or may have to skip parts in order for us to stay on schedule with our production needs.
- Your tour guide will explain factory rules to you during your tour. As a working factory, rules and policies must be strictly adhered to. We reserve the right to end the tour at any time without a refund due to disorderly conduct or any behavior not suited for our factory.
- Please do not park directly in front of the retail store. You are welcome to park in the second row in front of our store, our side parking lot, or on the street above our store.
- Cameras are allowed for personal use (please no selfie sticks). Absolutely no commercial use of any pictures or video allowed without written permission from Boehm’s Candies, Inc. -this also includes any exploitation for profit. Boehm’s may reserve the right to pursue legal action.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the factory, chalet, or chapel.
- There is a fair amount of walking involved during our guided tour. Stairs to the chalet as well as gravel walkways may pose a difficulty to persons with walkers or wheelchairs. If you would prefer a tour of just the factory due to mobility restrictions, please indicate so now by phone or email.
- Due to the stairs, gravel walkways, as well as space restrictions, strollers are strongly discouraged. Front/backpacks are suggested for young children needing to be held during the tour.
- On weekdays after 3:00 pm, weekends, and holidays, NO live production of candy making will be viewable during a tour. Monitors are located throughout the factory during these times to help show the production when it is in normal practice.
- The High Alpine Chapel will be unavailable for viewing if there is a scheduled wedding or function (generally occurring on the weekends).
- Please make sure all participants in your group are aware of our guidelines above.
Please fill out the fields below to inquire about scheduling a tour. You may also call our Tour Department at (425) 392-6652, Monday – Friday between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm to make a tour reservation. Please allow up to 24 hours for a reply during the week days (there is no one checking email on the weekends or holidays). For same day tour requests please call!
A reservation will only be confirmed once you have received a confirmation number either by email or telephone. Please check your spam folder if you have not received a confirmation, as sometimes it can be found there.