Visit Boehm’s Candies!
We invite you to come to our beautiful chalet in Issaquah to see where chocolate bliss is created! We offer both self-guided and guided tours as well as a Boehm’s DVD available for purchase.
Boehm’s Candies DVD
Unable to visit Boehm’s? We now have a short DVD featuring the legacy of Julius Boehm and the art of handmade confections created at Boehm’s Candies. Makes a great gift or a special way to remember your visit with us! Click here to order the DVD.
Self Guided Window Tours
Free, self guided window tours are available anytime during business hours. During production hours, windows along the side of our factory allow you to have a glimpse at the day’s happenings. Watch (and smell!) as our candy maker sets out a fresh batch of peanut brittle, admire the handiwork of our dippers as they roll and dip tasty truffles, and admire the many molded chocolate pieces in our molding and packaging department. Information posted at every window describes each area’s purpose, as well as gives some of the history of Boehm’s. Three large monitors have been added throughout the window tour to help enhance your experience.
Step into our retail shop afterwards for a free sample and a chance to purchase the delicious confections you saw in our factory!
The ideal time for a window tour is while our candy makers are in production – Monday through Friday between 9 am – 3:00 pm (some areas may be on a lunch break between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. During holidays, special events, or other unusual circumstances production may be limited or not available for viewing).
Guided Tours (By confirmed reservation only)
On our guided tour, you will be escorted through our chocolate factory where you will see the art of handmade chocolate making (and enjoy tasty samples!), the authentic chalet where our founder lived, as well as the beautiful High Alpine Chapel -if not being occupied by a wedding or event.
September 16th – June 19th
Tours may be available for groups of 10 or more. $5 per person, children under the age of 4 are free*. Please note that there is a $50 minimum for a group tour during our off season, regardless of the age of participants. Please inquire below or contact our Tour Department at (425) 392-6652.
June 20th – September 15th
- Monday through Friday – 10:30 am, 1:00 pm, and 2:00 pm
- Saturday – 2:00 pm
- Sunday – 11:15 am
PLEASE NOTE: No production or candy making will be viewable on weekends or holidays. Additionally, if there is a scheduled wedding or function in the High Alpine Chapel, it will be unavailable for viewing.
- Guided tours are by reservation only.
- The cost of the tour is $5 per person. Children age 4 and under are free. During our off season there is a $50 minimum.
- Children’s groups require one adult for every five children. Children’s groups consisting mainly of children are required to pay for all participants regardless of age (excluding infants 1yr and younger).
- Tours last approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your scheduled tour time and send someone into our retail store front to check in. If you are more than 5 minutes late, it is likely that we will be unable to give the tour or part of the tour may be forfeited to keep on schedule.
- There is a fair amount of walking involved during our guided tour. Stairs to the chalet as well as gravel walkways may pose difficulty to persons with walkers, wheelchairs, or strollers. If you would prefer a tour of just the factory due to mobility restrictions, please indicate so when scheduling.
- Due to the stairs, gravel walkways, as well as space restrictions, strollers are strongly discouraged. Front/backpacks are suggested for young children needing to be held during the tour.
- On weekdays after 2:30 pm, weekends, and holidays, NO production of candy making will be viewable during a tour. We do have monitors throughout the factory to help display our normal production practices.
- The High Alpine Chapel will be unavailable for viewing if there is a scheduled wedding or function (weddings generally occur on weekends).
- We reserve the right to stop any tour due to behavior unbecoming of our factory, guidelines or staff. Failure to follow the tour guide instructions may result in immediate termination of the tour or removal of person, without refund. Please make sure to follow all guidelines given by your tour guide.
- Please refrain from telephone use during the tour and adhere to tour guide instructions.
- Please fill out the fields below to inquire about scheduling a tour. You may also call our Tour Department at (425) 392-6652, Monday – Friday between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm to make a tour reservation.
- A reservation will only be confirmed once you have received a confirmation number either by email or telephone. Please check your spam folder if you have not received a confirmation, as sometimes it can be found there.