Visiting Boehm’s Candies? Learn more about how we work our magic in our candy kitchen, and then visit our retail store at the front of the chalet where you can purchase some of the candies you saw being made!
Self-guided Window Tour
(open anytime during retail hours)
Free, self-guided window tour is available anytime during regular retail hours. During production hours, windows along the side of our factory allow you to have a glimpse of the day’s happenings. Watch (and smell!) as our candy maker sets out a fresh batch of peanut brittle, admire the handiwork of our dippers as they roll and dip tasty truffles, and admire the many molded chocolate pieces in our molding and packaging department. Information posted at every window describes each area’s purpose, as well as gives some of the history of Boehm’s. Four large monitors have been added along the window tour to enhance your experience.
The ideal time for a window tour is while our candy makers are in production – Monday through Friday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (some areas may be on a lunch break between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. During holidays, special events, or other unusual circumstances production may be limited or not available for viewing).
Guided Tours (by reservation only)
On our guided tour, you will be escorted through our chocolate factory where you will see the art of handmade chocolate making (and enjoy tasty samples!), the authentic chalet where our founder lived, as well as the beautiful High Alpine Chapel (if not being used for a wedding or event). We have two types of guided tours: Public tours, where you will join other visitors for the tour; or private tours, where your group will have your own dedicated tour guide. A link to book public tour slots and instructions on how to reserve a private tour are located lower down on this page.
Guided Tour Times
Monday through Friday – 10:30 am, 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday – 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
Guided weekend tours may be unavailable due to staffing and classes
Tours last approximately 35-45 minutes. It is best to plan for a one hour stay for your group if you would also like to visit the retail store or stroll the grounds.
Please arrive at least five minutes before your scheduled tour time and send one representative into our retail storefront to check-in. If you are more than five minutes late, it is likely that we will be unable to give the tour or may have to skip parts in order for us to stay on schedule with our production needs.
Off Season Tours (June is all booked!)
Our public tour season has ended and will begin again July 6, 2023. Information regarding private off season tours is below. Reservations for public tours will be open June 15, 2023.
- Cost of tour – $120 flat fee for a private tour with up to 15 participants
- If your group has more than 15 people we may be able to accommodate in two separate groups, starting at different locations (each group of up to 15 participants would be $120)
- Minimum of two adults in each group of fifteen
- Samples are provided during the factory portion of the tour
- Tours are NOT available November 15 – December 25, and the two weeks prior to Valentine’s Day & Easter.
- Want to book a private tour? CLICK HERE to use our private tour request form.
Private Tour Gift Certificates: Due to the disruption of our regular tour seasons due to Covid-19 precautions, we have made a final extension of the expiration dates of all certificates to 9/1/22.
Boehm’s Candies DVD
Unable to visit Boehm’s? We now have a short DVD featuring the legacy of Julius Boehm and the art of handmade confections created at Boehm’s Candies. Makes a great gift or a special way to remember your visit with us!
- Your tour guide will explain factory rules to you during your tour. As a working factory, rules and policies must be strictly adhered to. We reserve the right to end the tour at any time without a refund due to disorderly conduct or any behavior not suited for our factory or facility.
- Remain with your tour guide and follow instructions given at all times
- Remain an arm’s length away from tables and machinery
- Front/backpacks are suggested for young children needing to be held during the tour
- Please refrain from talking while the tour guide is speaking
- Please refrain from talking on your phone during the tour. If you must answer your phone please notify your tour guide and they can direct you to an exit – you may miss part of the tour
- Do not touch anything unless permission is given
- Please do not park directly in front of the retail store. You are welcome to park in the second row in front of our store, our side gravel parking lot, or on the street above the store.
- Cameras are allowed for personal use (please no video or selfie sticks). Please be respectful of our staff and others on your tour and ask for permission before taking head shots. Commercial use or exploitation for profit of any pictures or video is not allowed without written permission from Boehm’s Candies, Inc. Boehm’s reserves the right to pursue legal action.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed in the factory, chalet, or chapel.
- There is a fair amount of walking involved during our guided tour, including stairs and gravel. Strollers/walkers/wheelchairs will be unable to access the chalet and may find it difficult to make their way through the gravel to the chapel. If you would prefer a tour of just the factory please indicate so now by phone or email (the rate would remain the same).
- In keeping with FDA guidelines, service animals are not permitted on the factory portion of our tour. If you require accommodations to tour only the chalet and chapel with a service animal, please let us know upon making the reservation.
- On weekdays after 3:00 pm, weekends, and holidays, NO live production of candy making will be viewable during a tour. Monitors are located throughout the factory during these times to help show the production when it is in normal practice.
- The High Alpine Chapel will be unavailable for viewing if there is the occasional scheduled wedding or function (generally occurring on the weekends)
- Historical artwork on display may depict nudity or religious aspects created by the original artist and cannot be altered or removed on the tour.
- Due to the unknown and constant changes surrounding Covid-19, we reserve the right to cancel reservations based off of updated CDC, State, and Federal guidelines. A full refund will be given under these circumstances.