Visit Boehm’s Candies!
Boehm’s Candies DVD
Unable to visit Boehm’s? We now have a short DVD featuring the legacy of Julius Boehm and the art of handmade confections created at Boehm’s Candies. Makes a great gift or a special way to remember your visit with us! Click here to order the DVD.
Self Guided Window Tour
Free, self-guided window tour is available anytime during regular retail hours. During production hours, windows along the side of our factory allow you to have a glimpse at the day’s happenings. Watch (and smell!) as our candy maker sets out a fresh batch of peanut brittle, admire the handiwork of our dippers as they roll and dip tasty truffles, and admire the many molded chocolate pieces in our molding and packaging department. Information posted at every window describes each area’s purpose, as well as gives some of the history of Boehm’s. Four large monitors have been added throughout the window tour to help enhance your experience.
Located in front of our factory in a beautiful chalet setting is our retail store where you can purchase some of your favorite confections you just saw being made through the windows.
The ideal time for a window tour is while our candy makers are in production – Monday through Friday between 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (some areas may be on a lunch break between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. During holidays, special events, or other unusual circumstances production may be limited or not available for viewing).
Guided Tours (By confirmed reservation only)
On our guided tour, you will be escorted through our chocolate factory where you will see the art of handmade chocolate making (and enjoy tasty samples!), the authentic chalet where our founder lived, as well as the beautiful High Alpine Chapel -if not being occupied by a wedding or event.
Off Season – NOW through June 28, 2022
During our off season there may be limited availability for guided tours. However, if you are interested in booking a guided tour in our off-season (9/4/21-6/28/22) please fill out the submission form below. Please also read our “Important Notes” below. ***No tours or classes available 11/12/21 through 12/26/21***
2022 Tour Season
Current guidelines: Our guided tours will be available for any private group of up to 8 people. All tour participants must wear a face mask at all times (regardless of age, health reasons, or vaccination status). Upon entering the facility all participants must hand sanitize or wear gloves, as well as pass a wellness check. No strollers, wheelchairs, or walkers allowed. Tour samples will be combined in pre-made personal bags for each participant upon their departure, totaling around $20 worth of candies. Tour cost is a $100 flat fee with a $20 non-refundable deposit upon confirmation of the tour. Guided tours are offered Mon – Fri at 10:30 am, 1 pm, and 2 pm and may be available on weekends depending on staffing and other events. ***No tours or classes available 11/12/21 through 12/26/21***
*Tour Gift Certificates*: If you have a Tour Gift Certificate please note that due to the disruption of our regular tour altered by Covid-19 precautions, we have extended the expiration to 9/1/22. If you would like to redeem the Tour Gift Certificate now, please note the maximum allowed group is 8 people. We will add additional product to the goodie bag to off-set the deduction in people allowed on the tour. Upon requesting a tour please note that you will be redeeming a Tour Gift Certificate so we can prepare your goodie bag.
PLEASE NOTE: No production or candy making will be viewable on weekends or holidays. Additionally, if there is a scheduled wedding or function in the High Alpine Chapel, it will be unavailable for viewing.
(we hope to return to normal tours in July 2022)
- Cost of tour – $100 for private tour with up to 8 participants
- $20 non-refundable booking fee upon confirmation
- If your group is more than 8 people we may be able to accommodate in two separate groups, starting at different locations.
- Please note that each group of up to 8 participants would be $100 and would require a $20 non-refundable deposit for each group.
- Minimum 2 adults in group of 8
- Tours last approximately 35-40 minutes. It is best to plan for a one hour stay if you would also like to visit the retail store or stroll the grounds.
- Please arrive at least five minutes before your scheduled tour time and send one representative into our retail storefront to check-in and pay. If you are more than five minutes late, it is likely that we will be unable to give the tour or may have to skip parts in order for us to stay on schedule with our production needs. Please note that our public bathroom is closed.
- Your tour guide will explain factory rules to you during your tour. As a working factory, rules and policies must be strictly adhered to. We reserve the right to end the tour at any time without a refund due to disorderly conduct or any behavior not suited for our factory or facility.
- Follow instructions given by your tour guide at all times
- Masks must be worn at all times during the tour, regardless of age, health, vaccination status, or religious reasons -there are NO exceptions
- Per our guidelines we are unable to host children on the guided factory tour younger than 2 years old
- It is mandatory for ALL participants to wear a mask during the entirety of the tour
- We have immune compromised staff and we thank you for your understanding in our mask policy as it will be strictly enforced
- Each person must pass a wellness check at beginning of tour
- Hand sanitation or gloves must be worn upon entering the factory
- Due to limited space, all participants must be willing to be in close quarters (same household/pod) but, must remain 6 ft from all staff members and stay an arm’s length away from tables and machinery
- No wheelchairs, walkers, or strollers allowed during the tour. Front/backpacks are suggested for young children needing to be held during the tour.
- Stay with your tour guide at all times
- Refrain from chatter while the tour guide is speaking
- Refrain from talking on your phone during the tour. If you must answer your phone please notify your tour guide and they can direct you to an exit -you may miss part of the tour
- Do not touch anything unless permission is given
- Please do not park directly in front of the retail store. You are welcome to park in the second row in front of our store, our side parking lot, or on the street above the store.
- Cameras are allowed for personal use (please no video or selfie sticks). Please be respectful of our staff and others on your tour and ask for permission before taking head shots. Commercial use or exploitation for profit of any pictures or video is not allowed without written permission from Boehm’s Candies, Inc. Boehm’s reserves the right to pursue legal action.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the factory, chalet, or chapel.
- There is a fair amount of walking involved during our guided tour, including stairs and gravel. If you would prefer a tour of just the factory please indicate so now by phone or email (the rate would remain the same).
- In keeping with FDA guidelines, service animals are not permitted on the factory portion of our tour. If you require accommodations to tour only the chalet and chapel with a service animal, please let us know upon making the reservation.
- On weekdays after 3:00 pm, weekends, and holidays, NO live production of candy making will be viewable during a tour. Monitors are located throughout the factory during these times to help show the production when it is in normal practice.
- The High Alpine Chapel will be unavailable for viewing if there is the occasional scheduled wedding or function (generally occurring on the weekends)
- Historical artwork on display may depict nudity or religious aspects created by the original artist and cannot be altered or removed on the tour.
- Due to the unknown and constant changes coming about with Covid-19, we reserve the right to cancel reservations based off of updated CDC, State, and Federal guidelines. A full refund will be given under these circumstances.
- Please make sure all participants in your group are aware of our guidelines above.
Please fill out the fields below to inquire about scheduling a tour. You may also call our Tour Department at (425) 392-6652, Monday – Friday between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm to make a tour reservation. Please allow up to 24 hours for a reply during the week days (there is no one checking email on the weekends or holidays). For same day tour requests please call!
A reservation will only be confirmed once you have received a confirmation number either by email or telephone. Please check your spam folder if you have not received a confirmation, as sometimes it can be found there.