Tour Organizer Information
We are excited to host your group at Boehm’s for a guided tour!
To confirm your reservation, you will need to submit an acknowledgement of these policies (at end).
- The cost of the tour is $7 per person. Children age 1 and under are free.
- Children’s groups require one adult for every five children.
- During our off season months (mid-September – mid-June), if your group shows up with less than ten paying people, there will be a $70 minimum charge.
- Multiple tour reservations may be combined to one tour group. Private tours must be prearranged at reservation, and additional charges may apply.
- A request to increase the number of attendees in your group must be preapproved. Please call our office with a minimum lead time of one business day. There may be times we are unable to grant your request to increase the number of attendees due to our staffing or other combined groups meeting the tour guide maximum.
- We appreciate being notified if your numbers decrease by more than two people.
- Tours last approximately 35-40 minutes. It is best to plan for a one hour stay if you would also like to visit the retail store or stroll the grounds.
- Please arrive at least five minutes before your scheduled tour time and send someone into our retail storefront to check-in and pay. If you are more than five minutes late, it is likely that we will be unable to give the tour or may have to skip parts in order for us to stay on schedule with our production needs. Please note that we only have one public bathroom stall available for all of our customers.
- Your tour guide will explain factory rules to you during your tour. As a working factory, rules and policies must be strictly adhered to. We reserve the right to end the tour at any time without a refund due to disorderly conduct or any behavior not suited for our factory or facility.
- Follow instructions given by your tour guide at all times
- Stay with your tour guide at all times
- Refrain from chatter while the tour guide is speaking
- Refrain from talking on your phone during the tour. If you must answer your phone please notify your tour guide and they can direct you to an exit -you may miss part of the tour.
- Stay an arm’s length away from tables and machinery
- Do not touch anything unless permission is given
- Please do not park directly in front of the retail store. You are welcome to park in the second row in front of our store, our side parking lot, or on the street above the store.
- Cameras are allowed for personal use (please no video or selfie sticks). Please be respectful of our staff and others on your tour and ask for permission before taking head shots. Commercial use or exploitation for profit of any pictures or video is not allowed without written permission from Boehm’s Candies, Inc. Boehm’s reserves the right to pursue legal action.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the factory, chalet, or chapel.
- There is a fair amount of walking involved during our guided tour. Stairs to the chalet as well as gravel walkways may pose difficulty to persons with walkers or wheelchairs. If you would prefer a tour of just the factory due to mobility restrictions, please indicate so now by phone or email. Please note that due to space restraints we cannot accommodate more than four walkers or wheelchairs per group.
- In keeping with FDA guidelines, service animals are not permitted on the factory portion of our tour. If you require accommodations to tour only the chalet and chapel with a service animal, please let us know upon making your reservation.
- Due to the stairs, gravel walkways, as well as space restrictions, strollers are strongly discouraged and not allowed in the chalet. Front/backpacks are suggested for young children needing to be held during the tour.
- On weekdays after 3:00 pm, weekends, and holidays, NO live production of candy making will be viewable during a tour. Monitors are located throughout the factory during these times to help show the production when it is in normal practice.
- The High Alpine Chapel will be unavailable for viewing if there is a scheduled wedding or function (generally occurring on the weekends)
- Historical artwork on display may depict nudity or religious aspects created by the original artist and cannot be altered or removed on the tour.
- Please make sure all participants in your group are aware of our guidelines above.
Please acknowledge that you have read and understand the above policies and will be sure all participants in your group are aware of our guidelines by submitting your name and previously provided confirmation code below.